Sunday, January 7, 2007

God is good...

We left at 4 pm for Ann Arbor for Jim to get his MRI, he wasn't feeling well, so he slept most of the way down. As we left it started to lightly rain. We made the long trip down, got there early, found where we needed to be, and filled out the paperwork. Within minutes a tech came and started his IV and took him off to his MRI. I went out to the lobby for the 45 minute wait that he would be gone.

Approximately 10 minutes later, Jim comes to the door, and says, "Come on, Jan." A panic feeling rushed through me thinking something was wrong. I looked at him, and he said, "I can't do it." "What?", I replied. "I can't do it." Ok, at this very moment I felt like a cartoon with the devil on one shoulder telling me to say, "Excuse me? Suck it up and get your ass in there, so we can go home." (yes, I have had a MRI, I know what he had to do, all these years and I never realized that he was that claustrophobic) And then on the other shoulder was God with his hand firmly planted over my mouth. So, I helped him get dressed, and we left to come home.

The ride home was more than interesting. First the rain was starting to turn to snow, Jim hadn't eaten all afternoon for the test so I started looking for a place to eat. First exit....restaraunt is over 2 miles off the exit, get back on the e-way. Second exit...Brighton has a circle jerk thing going on and is worse than downtown McDonough, Georgia. I ended up going south back on 23 to the first exit I had gotten off at. Ok, let's try this again.... Next I make it to Big Boy, we have a nice dinner, and get back in the car to come home. By now, the flakes are bigger, and my rear windshield wiper quits working. I turn to get back on the e-way.... "uhmmm, Jim, why is there a double line on this on ramp? Oh shit! we're not on the expressway." So, after 3 or 4 miles of dark dirt roads, and a few turns I made it back to the expressway.

Alright, so here we are 4 and a half hours later. Why is God so good, because I had a good dose of compassion, understanding and patience. And Jim and I are still very happily married:)

No comments:

Blog Archive