Thursday, April 5, 2007

Exciting news!!!

I finally got to go to a wonderful website that my friend Kelli told me about. It's the Organ Procurement Transplant Network, and is packed full of information. Here's what I found out...

Colorado only has 1/3 of the patients on their list waiting for a kidney transplant than Michigan does, and Georgia has about 2/3. There are 2 hospitals in Denver, and 2 in Atlanta. I am especially interested in Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, as they were the first to do Donor Laparoscopic surgery, and this is something that John is very interested in. It would mean alot less evasive surgery for him. My next step is to contact the hospitals and see if they would look at our files and consider doing their transplant, then Chad said he'd send everything to them.

I am starting to feel a little better, looks like it's going to be a long haul with my back. Jim loved going to the chiropractor yesterday, as he had never been to one before. He said he felt so good afterwards! After viewing Jim's xrays he was shocked at how enlarged Jim's heart was. I didn't like the sounds of that...

No comments:

Blog Archive